Wednesday, June 13, 2007

2 down, 2 more to go towards..... freedom!!


I really can't wait for 20th June.
On that day, I will definitely feel like mika's love today.
(:

oOOOooooo.

I was supposed to go to uni to study up on my terrible stats and accounts.
But, i overslept.
Now I am just not in the mood to go anymore, knowing that parking will be troublesome.
Soooo, enjoy the day at home, cramming myself with junks, music, entertainment...

I wish.


Anyways, been reading things other than textbooks at the meantime.
Too much text can literally kill you.



I recommend:



Tuesdays with Morrie-Mitch Albom





"So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think is important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is devote yourself to loving others, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning."

This book mainly teaches you to live life not only for materialistic things, but on those values in life. Pretty meaningful book that gets you thinking about what is life all about.
Go grab it, and you will see life from a different perspective, a better one.




Marley and me-Josh Grogan





"Marley & Me is the story of a man and his wife, their family and the dog that was with them from the time they were first married, thinking about children, until he they were a family with three children.Grogan tells a simple story of one family's life, a mostly typical family. But he does it so beautifully and the reader is drawn in by his voice until you become a part of his tale, shaking your head at Marley, laughing at his next indiscretion, delighting in his high points and worrying when things aren't going well.
And as Marley ages and moves toward the inevitable, you'll grow sad with Grogan and marvel at Marley's incredible dignity and strength, even as his strength fails him.
In many ways, life without Marley was a lot easier for the Grogans. But it wasn't better.You'll understand the gift that Marley was to this family - despite his failings, and maybe because of them - and no doubt you'll find yourself thinking of your own pets. Grogan has crafted a loving but unsentimental memory of his dog and what he meant to him, his wife and his children. And that's his gift to us." Quoted from http://www.marleyandme.com

For dog lovers, this is just the right book for you. a touching book, especially towards the end. I teared a little.






More reviews soon, after my exams, unless you want reviews of my text books. Which I'm pretty sure none will wanna even read bout it.

I wanna go for a decent movie, some window shopping, buying a few things, read magazines right now. But I can't. How frustating.







I'm beginning to really like deviantart.




Norah jones-crazy

No comments: