Friday, September 12, 2008

Lesson learnt the hard way

Merdeka's eve, Curve's Coffee Bean
11.47pm

There's that magnet of colorful alphabets spelling Amsterdam, keyring wooden shoe from Holland, a set of Matryoshka doll with detailed flower paintings, a set of bath soap and lotion from Crabtree and Evelyn (which really smell so heavenly!), and a stack of postcards from everywhere you go. (: You spoil me, really, and I thank you for that.

All of it now sits quietly on my study table, and looking at them reminds me of you, and it sorts of became my company when I needed my time alone. In my little heart I often question myself whether does presence really matter? Can skype and phone calls replace being physically there? Honestly, I've already found my answer. Because even merely sitting in the car, or sitting in Murni's sipping up Mango Special with roti canai overdressed till we got stares, taking random candid photo, it's just the spending time with you.

We'll work hard, and in few years, prove to the world that we can outdo the complications of the world, that we're strong enough to achieve our dreams.

==================================================================

Right, why is it that approaching the year end, we all seem to get very very busy and tied up? My work load is piling up to a scary one, and the hanging out definitely has to be cut down to cope up. Nevertheless, I love being busy, I love squeezing out that few precious hours to de stress even though it meant sleeping at insane hours, I love schedules without break. It makes me feel alive, and steers me from thinking too much.

I think I've change my lifestyle a whole lot starting Jan this year, all part of the growing up process I supposed. My chocolate cravings are suprisingly not surfacing anymore, till the extent that two full bars of dark choc and a Guylian seashell chocolate is still seated comfortably on my table, screaming "Eat me!". Not that it helped in the process of losing some weight, but I healthily gained one or two kgs over 2008.

Currently am supposed to finish my revising for my financial management mid term tomorrow, which holds 20% of my final mark, and I am procrastinating while typing this out, eagerly waiting for bittorent to up my speed for Gossip Girl Season 2 Ep 2. I adore Chuck Bass, for the interesting personality he has in the show, very charming indeed, you have to agree with me! Stupid laptop just had to crash on me, leaving me with a broken heart as the pictures I carefully, okay, not so carefully accumulated over the months. I should have backed it up, urgh. ): Least my copies of movies are still intact in the d drive. Sob.

Kind people, please send me photos once again. I pinky promise I will start burning my pictures into cds as backups, and make a reminder to get a portable hard drive asap. (: (: (:


Matt Nathanson's ~ come on get higher

No comments: