Saturday, March 17, 2007

[Hiking in the rain]


(picture courtesy from www.maion.com)

730 am in the morning should be spent sleeping in the warm bed, snuggling under the comforter, enjoying the weekends without early classes...

BUT..

I spent the morning hiking away with the adventure rangers at Gasing Hill. (:
so unexpected for me to go, seeing that i am such a sleep-lover and would never trade sleep for anything hiking. Bottomline, i WENT.

It started off rather good. Weather was extremely good, all were ready and pumped up, except me i think, who yawn none stop and was hungry. The terrain was rather smooth, with an occasionally steep slopes, and thank God my nikes were faithful this time. :) but i slip quite alot, no more nikes running anymore for the next hike.

Half way through, it poured heavily, and we were all literally drenched wet, half way in the jungle. Yup, cut the long story short, we hike about an hour in the rain, in the jungle. I actually prefered hiking in the rain, the feeling is extremely good, refreshing. And yes, the pathway became much more slippery, ending up in more mud, and those water-filled shoes, and wrinkly-toes.

But walking in the rain is an awesome experience. Before the rain there were complaints heard everywhere, like " I wish there was an escalator/lift here.. I wish I wore long pants.. I wish I had 100 plus.." the list went on and on. After it started pouring, no complains were heard anymore, mosquitos made their way clear from us, and the rain washed the hot sweat away. It was a much more cooling fun experience.

Walking in the rain makes you ponder lots too, and makes nature much more beautiful. (:
I certainly enjoyed it very much.
And not to forget I'm losing those calories. double thumbs up!

Food at the mamak was extremely good to the tummy after that 2half hours hike.
And those looks we got as all of us walk in soaking wet.

"It's funny how we complain so much when we are blessed with so much.
And hiking made me appreciate the things around.
A 100 plus is like gold in the jungle,
A chair is like silver...
But when in reality, we don't even think twice about these things.. "

Anyway, hiking was great. I'm glad i chose to woke up at an insane 630 in the morning rather than snoozing away in the bed. especially the losing weight path. lol.

Imma need to get ready for the party I'm attending soon.
(:
And no one's home now.
Enjoy the weekend!

owh yea, random,





Audition is on now. (:
Those who CAN dance go join.
I am hoping for a good reality show coming up, well, at least meets up to some expectations, not those who can't dance.
More details, *click here*

No comments: