Wednesday, August 29, 2007

PDA's

The abbreviation for public display of affection. I just had the itch to talk about it. Mind me. Everywhere you go, you just tend to bump into people doing PDA's. Gosh, so oblivious to the world wide world staring. I mean, it isn't bad if it's a hug and/or a sweet gesture, e.g. holding hands, tlight kiss on the cheek, that's normal, but OTT kissing and touchings are just plain gross.

Not everyone is interested in seeing PDAs, unless you're some celebrity or some famous shot. But then again, I guess Malaysians are getting more and more accustomed to what the whites do, and try to imitate their culture. Okay, maybe I AM being a little old fashion in thinking, but don't people want to keep their dignity? I mean, people who see PDAs will go like," ewww, look at those two, so disrespectful, and that girl is so cheap and despo..." especially from parents point of view. I mean, if I were to hear that, I seriously will feel so bad and all, unless you're that thick skin. Well, but then again, I supposed they are a few places that are exception to this, like clubs and bars and those kind of similars, but other places such as shopping mall and colleges are just inappropriate for PDAs.

That's a rant from my point of view, because I happened to bump into some today, and it really makes me very uncomfortable. If you opposed it, you're welcome for a comment or two. (:

On the other hand, Malaysia is celebrating it's 50th birthday in two days time. And I am suprise that up till today, there isn't any atmosphere at all. How sad. Out of 50 cars, I see one with a small flag dangling at the top left corner of the car. Other than that, a few shopping malls made a tad bit effort to put up flags and all. How very very sad. Well, I am not a very patriotic person, and neither have I put a flag on my car, this is just a thought. 50 years is a gemilang year, supposedly the golden one. Where is the Malaysian spirit? Heehee, just to kutuk a little only. Personally, I couldn't be bothered too, except for the additional holiday.

Before I go, presenting to you,
Bobbi Brown



It's from pyramid's make-a-bear thing.
Very fun indeed. (:


I cannot start foosball again. NOoooooooo.


p/s: New Zealand Natural ice cream is having 50% off all selection, for this few days to celebrate Merdeka. Go get 'em ice creams! (:

1 comment:

Patrick said...

In the states, PDAs are the norm. You can see it everywhere even in buses. Well, probably we(eastern vs western) have different thinking towards PDAs. So you either get use to it or close your eyes when you happen to see one. =)

Go for Baskin Robins!! 31% off!!! Sadly you have to get it during Merdeka Day.