Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A lil reminiscence

It was a conversation on an offer for another job, with a surprising good pay. (SEE I AM NOT A WORKAHOLIC, note:ziyan)
Turned it down because of more important things in life. And while I was at it, I was reminded of my working times in Italiannies, a quaint restaurant.

Memorable moments:

#1 Cute lil Renoma girl whom we(the lifeless hostess) stalked. Renoma is opposite Italiannies and the owner has a cute daughter. Anyway, whenever we see her, we'll squeal and wave like some mad women, and give her balloons, courtesy of Italiannies. Hohoho. She was a source of motivation when it gets so bored during the weekdays you know.

#2 Then there was this bunch of Japanese (or is it Korean I can't remember) young mothers who gathers quite often. Five of them with five prams of babies. And they had to occupy the biggest table available. Very entertaining because the babies are so cute! Haha, okay, my working life seems enriched by babies.

#3 And yes, this is one of those things that I miss. Alot. I love Italiannies' complimentary bread. Focacia bread, not the tuscan. Omg I love to steal bread, and I always offer to cut the bread for the waiters. Okay, but I don't get why people dip it with vinegar and oil though. Makes it all mushy and er, gross.

#4 And probably the best part was if I were to dine in with friends I get 50% of the bill. (: To make it all worthwhile, I dine there for I think four to five times in that measly one month. I know, so worth it. But sadly from what I heard, there isn't such privelledge no more. ):

#5 My sampat beloved hostess who cheered my working days. We did the silliest things together, from playing crosswords at the hostess table and ended up kena scolding, to messaging like crazy when we're not supposed to, and her random lame jokes, to saying hi to random people who walked past to cure our boredom. Fun times. Haha.

#6 Toilet time. (: The toilet was just situated in front of the store (not directly of course, but relatively near) And to make the best out of my working hours, I'll take my time in the toilet, sitting down, dolling up a little.. etc.

#7 Having one nice manager. Who constantly brought free food for us. Calamaries were on top of the list, followed by yummy deserts, and chicken. Oh yea, we had pizza too.


Okay, I'm out of my mind.
Need to rejuvenate by sleeping.
Hurrah to two assignments down.
One more presentation, one more assignment to go.
And there comes the big finale.

Best part is the after part. (:
Loads of plans forming up!
Wheeeee*

No comments: